Tuesday 5 November 2013

A piece of cake

The waitress placed the slice of triple chocolate cake down in front of me. It looked delicious! But instead of eating it I asked the waitress, "Where's the rest of the cake? I want the whole cake!"

The waitress replied, "I don't understand sir, you have got the whole cake". I looked down at the plate and it was true, there was a whole cake in front of me!

I tried not to devour it all at once. I ate it one spoonful at a time, allowing the chocolate to wash around my mouth and dance on my taste buds. You don’t have to rush these things!

How do you know you only have a slice of cake when you may in fact have the whole cake? Why not take your time with life, savour what you've got and enjoy every moment and every mouthful? Bon appetite!


No comments:

Post a Comment