Tuesday 26 November 2013

Why can’t Parkinson’s just leave me alone?

Another part of the heath. Storm still.

Enter King Lear.

“Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!
You cataracts and hurricanoes…

Dismantle me! Cleave me from myself! Rob me of my body, scatter my hope into the raging wind! Prevent me from finding love and allow me only to hate you! Dry up my heart and set my limbs in stone! Deafen me with your thunderous proclamation of prognosis and exhaust me with rage!

Yet, what is this to me? A mere drop in my ocean. You have given me and taken away so much already. Have I given up? Have I stopped learning? Have I lost myself? I stand here resolute! I am proud of my place in this world! You will not shake my resolve. You will not conquer me! Grind me down, break me and you will not break me! What is one more tear to me when I've wept enough to flood your fire from my brain! The more you persist the more I will resist and the more I will consist of me!

Can't you just leave me alone? No? Then do your worst Parkinson's! I’ve been preparing all my life. I’m ready to be me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment