Sunday 3 November 2013

“O let me not be mad…”

Shakespeare, King Lear

When it comes, preserve me as I am. Let it not break me as it breaks my body. When it renders me without control, then let me not be mad. Let me think on beauty for beauty’s sake, leave me to explore and drag my moving body to places of such possibilities that the world comes to rejoice not grieve. Let me be bored by life as it can be for others, allow me to enjoy the butterfly that lands on my nose, the sound of laughter and let me feel the pain of others. Allow me the melting of chocolate, the wind in my hair, a touch on my hand and the warmth of sunshine on my face. Let me be absurd, let me be profound, let me be wrong. If this be madness, then we are all mad…

But let me not be absent; O that other madness…

No comments:

Post a Comment